This week has been such a roller coaster of emotions tha I am exhausted! After the royal run around I got from my surgeons office, I started thinking that there had to be a plan B somewhere.
I'm not sure why, but I decided to go to the Weight Loss Surgery Support Group at Baylor Grapevine on Tuesday and met Ann. She is my surgeon's nurse and right hand person. She was wonderful!! She told me I had been going about this the wrong way with a lot of misinformation.
After calling the other office my surgeon has, I finally got everything straightened out and found out that I should have already had a consultation with my surgeon. I called Wednesday morning and was able to see Dr. Matin that afternoon. He really seems to know his stuff, answered all my questions and concerns and set my mind at ease. His office staff is top notch and they are working to add more info to my file that insurance is requesting. What a *&%$ paperwork trail my insurance company requires to save them money in the long run. Still pending, but it looks as if it is approved, I can have my surgery 12/22 or 12/23 and have two weeks to heal before facing a classroom of 3rd graders :o).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment